Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New GCSEs

4 posters

Go down

New GCSEs Empty New GCSEs

Post  libertytmk Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What do you think about this. As a person that works in education this kind of thing really winds me up. The exams haven't got easier. They're just more about skills than simply learning information. There's also a wider range of qualifications and subjects so people have more chance of finding one they're good at
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

New GCSEs Empty Re: New GCSEs

Post  Clarey+3 Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:48 am

Well if I retook mine in that system I'd have failed. My coursework was excellent but under exam conditions I'm crap.

One of the reasons I was careful what uni and college courses I took because I knew where my strengths are.

I think it houd be a mixture as all pupils are different, russ thrives on exam conditions and hated coursework.

However the one body for each subject is a good idea.

Cant see it working, the whole eduction system is based on putting work together through the yr, not just one exam.

I feel sorry for my kids, but by time they come to do there's, it old all be if different again
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:11 am

I don't see how it will help, all it will do is show those pupils that remember things easily rather than using coursework to display real understanding and putting what you learn into practise. 3 hours is a very long time foe one exam let alone 10 or 11

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Babymilly Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:38 am

I've not read every detail but I kind of think we need a change. A grade A or A* at the moment isn't the big wow it used to be as huge amounts of kids are getting these grades. I do like the idea of the top 10% only getting As as this will make As great again.
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:03 am

They don't actually need to change the exams for that though Pen. They could just restructure the mark schemes and boundaries. There was only an outcry about it this summer because they changed the boundaries at the last minute
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:33 pm

yeah I think just changing the boundaries to the grades would be better making it harder to get an A or A* meaning they are more valuable or mean more than if everyone was getting them.

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum