Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steal £2.4m off bank? I deserved it

Go down

Steal £2.4m off bank? I deserved it Empty Steal £2.4m off bank? I deserved it

Post  NikkiJayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Jessica Harper, 50, submitted 93 bogus invoices over four years and poured the payments into an account she set up.
She gave much of the money to her three brothers to buy rental properties and holiday lets. They believed she was earning far more than the £60,000 a year she got as interim head of fraud and security for digital banking at Lloyds and assumed she was being generous.
Yesterday Harper was jailed for five years after admitting fraud and money laundering.
Southwark Crown Court heard that after her arrest she told officers she had been rising at 5.30am and returning home to Croydon, South London, at 8pm as she was having to cover for two posts.
She added: “I saw the opportunity and thought, ‘Given the hours I work I deserve it’. I know it is stupid, but that’s how I felt. If I went to work for another company I would probably be earning four times as much.”
She has since sold her home and so far repaid £709,000.
Judge Deborah Taylor told her: “You were a senior employee at the bank in a position with a very high degree of trust. This was at a time when Lloyds Bank was supported by a substantial amount of taxpayers’ money following the difficulties suffered by the bank in the financial crisis.
“You disregarded your duties out of a sense of entitlement to take other people’s money for your own benefit and the benefit of your family.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Steal £2.4m off bank? I deserved it Empty Re: Steal £2.4m off bank? I deserved it

Post  NikkiJayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Is she for real?

Did she really think she would get away with it?

What are your views?
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum