Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow, ice and floods to hit Britain next week

+2
Rachel
NikkiJayne
6 posters

Go down

Snow, ice and floods to hit Britain next week Empty Snow, ice and floods to hit Britain next week

Post  NikkiJayne Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:34 am

An Arctic blast from Iceland will bring snow, ice, flooding and bitter gales to Britain next week, forecasters have warned.

The Daily Express reports that forecasters have warned mercury will plummet to near freezing in many areas, including the Scottish Highlands and parts of northern England, with daytime temperatures 15C lower than this time last year.

Meanwhile the entire country faces cold conditions and possible frosts. The bitter weather is likely to remain for the next few weeks and significant snow will arrive by the middle of the month, forecasters say.

Forecaster for Vantage Weather Services Jonathan Powell told the Express: 'We could well see some bitter cold temperatures from Sunday.

'We are looking at a cold pool of air sweeping in from the north sending temperatures plunging.'

Leon Brown, meteorologist of The Weather Channel, told AOL Travel that Hurricane Nadine, which is currently over the Atlantic Ocean, will bring downpours to northwest Britain next week.

He said: 'For the longer range forecast we are watching where tropical storm Nadine moves. Next week the storm will eventually get caught in the flow ahead of a trough and move northeast.

'The timing is still quite uncertain but the remains may well move up to the west of the UK by the end of next week and potentially bring some very wet weather across northwest Britain.'

The country is currently recovering from a week of torrential downpours and floods that have caused rivers to burst banks and forced hundreds of families from their homes.

According to the Express, temperatures will struggle to get into double figures in many areas next week and brisk winds will make it feel much colder. Mercury is likely to get as low as 2C in the north, while the south will see a slightly higher temperature of 4C.

This weekend last year, Britain basked in 29.9C heat and saw record temperatures for the end of September.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Snow, ice and floods to hit Britain next week Empty Re: Snow, ice and floods to hit Britain next week

Post  Rachel Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:38 am

We moan no matter what the weather is like ..Living in Scotland means I am well prepared for crap weather anyway
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Snow, ice and floods to hit Britain next week Empty Re: Snow, ice and floods to hit Britain next week

Post  Babymilly Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:45 am

I think it's bloody freezing now and don't think I can take any more.

I do love winter but I just wish it didn't have to be shite weather. Why the fuck can't we just have sun?!?!?
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 pm

I love snow but not to the point where we cannot move off our drive etc! We live the highest point in Durham and it's a right struggle at times x
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 pm

I love cold weather. I wish winter would hurry up and get here. I think I need to move further north (which would have the added bonus of being able to buy a house for the price of our flat if we avoided the cities)
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Char+2boys Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 am

I do love all the seasons, i would love to get snowed in wouldnt have to go to work. But thank god i am restricted and dont have to walk the streets lol. I think it is cold already though x

Char
Char+2boys
Char+2boys
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:51 am

I don't mind cold but I HATE rain. just as well I live here Smile

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down