[ 1 ]
13% 13% 
[ 1 ]
49% 49% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Next book for the Book Club

Post  Shell_x on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi, I've searched for a while and tried to go with ones with a lot of good reviews. Feel free to suggest something else though if these don't interest you

Ryan's Return by Barbara Freethy - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Famous photojournalist Ryan Hunter has come back to a family torn apart by mistrust and resentment -- to the father who disowned him, to the brother who betrayed him, to the little boy who shares his features. Ryan, the charismatic "bad boy" son, has returned -- stirring up past conflicts like a whirlwind...and throwing Kara Delaney's fragile, passionate heart into turmoil.
Kara has struggled back from a disastrous marriage to build a new life for herself and her little girl -- a peaceful existence now jeopardized by vicious, small town politics, by her daughter's fanciful ghost stories...and by Ryan's return. Now nature's impending fury threatens to expose long-buried secrets. And Kara must join with the enigmatic, misunderstood Ryan -- to discover the truth that will save their families.... and to explore a dangerous, irresistible love as mighty and enduring as the onrushing river.

The One You Love by Paul Pilkington - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Emma Holden's nightmare has just begun. Her fiancé vanishes, leaving the battered and bloodied body of his brother in their London apartment. Someone is stalking her, watching her every move. And her family are hiding a horrifying secret; a secret that threatens all those she loves. In a desperate race against time, Emma must uncover the truth if she ever wants to see her fiancé alive again.

Hostile Witness by Rebecca Forster - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
When sixteen-year-old Hannah Sheraton is arrested for the murder of her stepgrandfather, the chief justice of the California Supreme court, her distraught mother turns to her old college roommate, Josie Baylor-Bates, for help. Josie, once a hot-shot criminal defense attorney, left the fast track behind for a small practice in Hermosa Beach, California. But Hannah Sheraton intrigues her and, when the girl is charged as an adult, Josie cannot turn her back. But the deeper she digs the more Josie realizes that politics, the law and family relationships create a combustible and dangerous situation. When the horrible truth is uncovered it can save Hannah Sheraton or destroy them both.

A Family Affair by Mary Campisi - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
When Christine Blacksworth's larger-than-life father is killed on an icy road in Magdalena, New York, a hundred miles from the 'getaway' cabin he visited every month, she discovers a secret that threatens everything she's always held to be true. Her father has another family which includes a mistress and a daughter. Determined to uncover the truth behind her father's secret life, Christine heads to Magdalena, prepared to hate the people who have caused her to question everything she thought she knew about her father. But what she finds is a woman who understands her, a half sister who cherishes her, and a man who could love her if she'll let him. The longer she's around them, the more she questions which family is the real one. . .
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next book for the Book Club

Post  Jade on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:50 pm

I've read hostile witness already but it is really good so happy if the book is that one I can read something else. but because I have read it i've voted for A Family Affair

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:03 am

Jade wrote:I've read hostile witness already but it is really good so happy if the book is that one I can read something else. but because I have read it i've voted for A Family Affair

Thanks for voting. I think it's gonna be Family Affair for me too. I bought it anyways cause it looked interesting even if its not the official book Smile
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:09 am

me too Smile I've downloaded them all lol

[You must be

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lil_gem on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:23 am

Ooh I was going to say hostile witness as that looks god but they do all sound interesting. Although I am slightly put off by the first one when it says their love is as mighty and strong as an onrushing river!!!

lil_gem
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 am

Hostile witnesses is good gem deffo get it anyway!

[You must be

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:39 am

I didnt even notice that. i skim read so bad