Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would you say anything?

+5
Clarey+3
claire89x
Babymilly
Shell_x
libertytmk
9 posters

Go down

would you say anything? Empty would you say anything?

Post  libertytmk Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:15 am

Jamie came home from nursery today with his cardigan covered in paint. Normally it doesn't bother me but this is the second time in two weeks. Also, it was a new cardigan. I only sent it for him to wear in the garden because his room is really hot so he doesn't need it there and I would have thought common sense says you take a cardigan off him before he paints. I wasn't happy anyway because he had his cardigan on and he was really hot and sweaty. It was different people to normal. All the full timers who are in charge are at an awards ceremony so it was the part timers. I can accept that sometimes their clothes are going to get dirty but surely they should be wearing aprons for painting? I can't afford to replace a top a week. Would you say something?
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

would you say anything? Empty Re: would you say anything?

Post  Shell_x Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:21 am

Yeah i'd probably say something. Wouldn't make a big deal just maybe say you understand his clothes are going to get a bit dirty but could they not use aprons or at least take off the cardigan.
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Babymilly Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:26 am

When I first read this I thought I wouldn't say anything but then thinking about it I think I would. In the nicest possible way I would say something along the lines of " oh that cardi that covered in paint, it was only for outside as I thought it be too warn indoors". Maybe also ask if they have aprons OR should you send in an old shirt for messy stuff.
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:11 am

I think I might say something to Debs when I see her. I'm only not saying something because she runs it. I think I'll just ask if they use aprons and buy one for him and ask them to put it on if they don't
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  claire89x Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:13 am

I have to wash lillys uniform EVERY night because she's covered in paint, why can't they make sure they all have them aprons on Evil or Very Mad irritates me so much
claire89x
claire89x
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:23 am

I wouldn't mind so much if it washed out but half the time it doesn't. None of them have kids in his room so I'm not sure they think about things like the cost of clothes.
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:28 am

I'd say something. And say something about reminding Jamie to put his apron on before painting.
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:33 am

I think this is where its awkward sending him to a nursery your best friend runs (although she's in a different room). She's always told me to let her know if we're not happy about anything but I don't want her to feel like I'm criticising because it is only a minor thing and we are really happy with the nursery generally
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:34 am

Imogen has just started nursery and i too have had to have a word with the school as she came home covered in paint, and even though the shirts were only 3 for £5 in Asda it's not the point, all i got told was they have aprons but they only cover there shoulders, however they do have the full bodied aprons on order! But what can you say really without sounding like a mad woman!
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Post  dellamaria Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 am

My boys nursery are pretty good about getting the kids covered up during messy play like that but they have come home covered a few times. I've just started buying those £1.50 t-shirts from primark and if they're still a bit stained when they've been washed I still use them as they're clean at least. I'd just ask if they'd like you to send in an old top for painting and maybe they will take the hint?

dellamaria
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  carlaandcallum Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:08 am

Callum keeps coming home with paint on him but never with a pic scratch ive been trynig to put him in not so new and nice clothes now x
carlaandcallum
carlaandcallum
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Location Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenshayne Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:44 am

Do they not provide a painting smock? Maky's playschool does, and they even roll up her sleeves so not to get any on it. I would be pissed because that paint they use in their arts/crafts doesn't come out very well in the laundry...and replacing clothing ain't cheap!
Jenshayne
Jenshayne
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Location Location : Fort Nelson, British Columbia Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum