Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Rant

5 posters

Go down

Saturday Rant Empty Saturday Rant

Post  NikkiJayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello Everyone,

Well I had a lovely lie in till around 10.45am, got meat cooking in the oven and it smells lovely, the kids are watching Toy Story 3 so I thought I would log on and see who was about, but will be back on tonight too!

What is everyone's plans today?

I should be at a wedding reception tonight...an old school friend who invited me this time last year, but not going as the venue will not allow children in it. So she asked me to try my best to get someone to watch the children as she would love to see me there, yet it's been 10 years since I was at school and saw her, but you lot know yourself it's easy to get a baby sitter for one child but not three, so I asked her would it be ok to bring Jayden as he would only be 11 months old when the wedding took place as I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving him, (I was the same with the other two at that age) to which her reply was no! But she kept pushing and pushing for me to find someone, and where we live in Durham we have no friends or family as all our family lives back in Newcastle (As that's where I am originally from) to which it would mean travelling all the way to Newcastle to drop kids off, to go to the venue for 7pm to spend a few hours there to drive back to Newcastle to pick them up and one it would be passed midnight before the kids got home and two we wouldn't be able to drink....

So when I told her last month that we couldn't go and for those reasons above she got pissed off! But come on, my family comes first and where ever I go they go right???
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Saturday Rant Empty Re: Saturday Rant

Post  Babymilly Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Some people just don't get it no matter how many times you tell them.

Don't let her stress you out. Just enjoy your Saturday x
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:42 pm

and to top it off the venue is in Durham, so it would of been hard! But both me and my friend Samantha who were best friends with Sarah at school, were thinking if we were that important and she wanted us there, why weren't we invited to her hen do (which she has plastered all over fb) and when we mentioned that she must of had a good time she said she would of invited me but who would of watched the kids and how would I of got home...Well one Alan would of drove me to Newcastle and I would of stayed at Samantha's....Samantha lives at Newcastle...

She really boils my piss and because I'm having a party on 20th October for my 27th and Jayden's 1st (my birthday is 23rd and Jayden's is 14th) She had the cheek to ask for an invite!

But then when I told her she could come but there was going to be a lot of children, as alot of my adult friends, have kids, she turned up nose up! WTF
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:45 pm

My best friend in the world stopped talking to me for two years because I didn't go to her sisters wedding, it's only now that she has made contact after me trying numerous times in the two years.
But she doesn't have children and has never been pregnant she doesn't understand at all. I don't hold that against her at all, but I Wish people were more thoughtful in these sort of circumstances!

Try not to let it get to you, you made it clear you weren't comfortable leaving your little one, she should respect that Smile
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:49 pm

x-Kell-x wrote:Try not to let it get to you, you made it clear you weren't comfortable leaving your little one, she should respect that Smile

Kell I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it really pee's me off!
My family come first, always have and always will!

But I feel as soon as I started a family at the age of 22 I wasn't good enough for my friends anymore, to which it gets me down, we get invited places then when we ask we will be there as long as the kids can come it's another door slammed right in our faces!

Then when they ask what I do when I'm not a mam and I say well I'm a mam 24/7 and that I go out in the car for fish and chips (to which I love) or visit his mum (yet again which I love) or do things like visit the lakes or go to the park....I feel like people are putting me down constantly....

NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Friends till they walk in your shoes they will never get it.

Hope you have a nice Saturday.
We were invited to a wedding in June, but no kids, I said we wouldn't go as I was due 7th and bride informed me to come if I had baby, I said I would think about it, she then said of course you couldn't bring the baby. I told her to get lst :-)

Family first nd even then it's family who live in my house with my dad a close second
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Clarey+3 wrote:Friends till they walk in your shoes they will never get it.

Hope you have a nice Saturday.
We were invited to a wedding in June, but no kids, I said we wouldn't go as I was due 7th and bride informed me to come if I had baby, I said I would think about it, she then said of course you couldn't bring the baby. I told her to get lst :-)

Family first nd even then it's family who live in my house with my dad a close second

Well at least I'm not alone, just gets to me at times!
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:07 am

I'm sure if she ever has kids then she'll understand. You do get a bit sucked into your wedding planning though and you don't really think much about other people
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down