Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White chocolate cupcake and white chocolate icing

Go down

White chocolate cupcake and white chocolate icing Empty White chocolate cupcake and white chocolate icing

Post  Jade Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:40 am

Ok for the white chocolate cupcake:

100g butter, softened
170g caster sugar
2 eggs
150g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
120ml milk,
100g white chocolate, melted

Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until light and creamy.

Gradually add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Sift over flour and baking powder and beat until combined. Fold through the milk and chocolate. (to melt the chocolate either put in microwave for 30 seconds and then stir, if needed heat for a further 30 seconds until all melted, or place in a heatproof bowl a pan of boiling water)

Spoon the mixture into twelve muffin tins lined with y cases. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

You can also use this in round cake tins, but I would reduce the temperature to say 140 and cook for longer

White chocolate icing

70g butter
250g white chocolate
125ml pouring cream

place all ingredients in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water (don't let the bowl touch the water) and stir until all melted and smooth.

Remove from the heat and set aside to cool, once cool you need to beat it until it is thick and fluffy (I have an electric beater and it took aaaaages but well worth it)

The white chocolate cake doesn't take that much of white chocolate but I think a normal vanilla cake might be too sweet to work with the icing. the icing is delicious!

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum