Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me?...

+2
Shell_x
NikkiJayne
6 posters

Go down

Is it just me?... Empty Is it just me?...

Post  NikkiJayne Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:22 pm

or does anyone else feel like this?

10 years ago I was 16 just left school and started to get a bit more of a social life and thought this is wicked, come 18 I was out and about on a Saturday Night down the Quayside drinking in Newcastle and then down my local on the Sunday Night for the Pub Quiz and some hangover food with friends and things at the time in my eyes were perfect, no responsibilities no worries and was living it up! If I had a bad day at work I had several friends that I could ring for a drink after work or food, (now I wasn't an alcoholic or owt) but what I am trying to say is if I needed a rant or to let off steam I always had lots of friends I could rely on....

I then got with a guy called Anthony and it was if some of my friends didn't wanna hang out with me, made excuses and I was young and stupid (When I now look back) then I fell pregnant with Imogen, I got kicked out of home from my parents (Which is for another post) and then I had Imogen in May 2008 when I was 22 and then it just seemed as if all my friends disappeared with me being a new mum, I never had any offers of a night out, or a meal during the day (So I could take Imogen with me) It didn't bother me at all as Imogen was my priority and I loved spending all day with her, I then fell pregnant with Andrew when Imogen was 10 months old and ending up leaving Anthony as he told me to abort our child and I ended up going to a woman's refuge as he turned to drink all the time and started abusing me (Which yet again is another post) then a year later I had Andrew in September 2009 when I was 23!

Then in October 2011 I had Jayden Kye with another man, ie Alan (I will explain what I'm referring to in another post) well now I just don't get it! All my friends seem to of disappeared. Like I mentioned in another post I got offered to a wedding and because I couldn't get a baby sitter for three children I got told I couldn't go! I never get invited to go out anymore and if I'm feeling low I have none of them to talk to (However I do have you ladies here to talk to, which I am grateful)

I met a lady online who lives in Sunderland and we got talking over Kik Messenger and everything seem to go alright until she told she wanted a clubbing friend and I would be up for that if you asked me 10 years ago, but now I'm not interested in clubbing, it doesn't appeal to me, neither does a meal out with friends!

Don't get me wrong the past year I have been out 3 times to the club at the bottom of my street, a night out in Sunderland and a meal with a few friends - to which all I haven't enjoyed at all! I have ended up texting Alan on the sly in the toilets asking him to come and collect me as I have felt out of place and wanted my pj's, a few cans and some drunken fun on the Wii

I see so many of my friends from school who have kids, going out every weekend, even though I don't see them however they do post photos up every week on FB!

I would much rather spend say £8 on a case of cider or lager from Tesco's, Choccie and listen to some good tunes in the house and play on the Wii or chat to friends on Skype, is there anything wrong with that????? As lot of people now look down their noses at me and tell me I'm 26 not 66!

I do go to parties but to social gatherings of friends who also have children! Which I prefer better to going out getting drunk and not remembering the next day what I got upto the night before...

And I would much prefer to spend all my spare cash on doing up the house or garden and also get outdoor swings etc for the kids to play on...

Is it just me?....or does anyone else feel like this?

or

Am I being stupid??
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Is it just me?... Empty Re: Is it just me?...

Post  Shell_x Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 am

I was 19 when i had Imogen and although I have gone out clubbing since, it's not really my thing anymore. I feel uncomfortable and would much rather just sit in a pub and chat to friends. I have lost touch with a lot of my friends. Mostly because our lives are so different now.
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:16 am

If people don't want you around cos you don't want to go clubbing etc then f*** m they are not real friends I have one true friend and a cousin I am very close to and that is it they both live in England so seeing them is hard and not very often but no matter where I am or what I do they would never turn away from me . You sound like a normal person to me I had Danielle when I had just turned 19 and I didn't care if I stayed in to be honest I think I enjoyed it more than going out . being with your kids is the most rewarding thing on this planet and anyone who can not understand that is not worth pissing on Is it just me?... 4176454701
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:52 am

Thanks Ladies,

So I'm not being stupid or owt, just makes me feel down at times, yes I have three amazing children but would like to feel more than just a mum if that makes sense!
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:01 am

Do you have any friends that are Mums? I found the mums i'm friends with understand more and would be happy just sitting in chilling with a bottle of wine rather than clubbing etc
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Shell_x wrote:Do you have any friends that are Mums? I found the mums i'm friends with understand more and would be happy just sitting in chilling with a bottle of wine rather than clubbing etc

I have mum friends but in the village, well I say I have friends, but only when it suits them, and they do much prefer to go out clubbing so I am grateful for this place
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 pm

I just think when you get older and kids are involved your priorities change, when childless it's easy to spend time out in clubs pubs etc, but when you have kids it's easier to stay home, infact it's easier not to get drunk because you have the children to deal with in the morning.
I'm not a big drinker, if I'm out I will drink but know when to stop! And the last time I went out and got drunk well that was about 2 years ago! We don't drink at home either, hod I don't need to consume something else to add calories lol.

My friends don't tend to invite me to the everyday run of the mill night out because they know I probably won't go, but I do get invited to special occasions, more often than not ill go for an hour or two and drive as I don't really care about drinking I'm there for the company more Smile
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Journey2dfuture Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:26 pm

I've not read all the replies but I'll chim in, Your not alone. Personally for me I don't drink, Haven't done since I was 19. Although from time to time people do invite me out and I don't go. I've not been out since last summer and even then I was ready for bed by 12am. I seem to feel like I've been there done that kind of thing. I'm married with a child and only 25. I've been married since I was 21. Times change and people move on. I'm not in touch with 'Friends' I'd even say I don't have any. But I'm fine with that.

Journey2dfuture
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

http://www.journey2dfuture.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Journey2dfuture wrote:I seem to feel like I've been there done that kind of thing.

I'm exactly the same x
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:01 am

I was 23 when I had R and I'm now 36 Shocked
And since 23 I do not want to go out partying or drinking all night.

I much rather have a bottle of wine with hubby and a night of tv.
Entertaining guests is tiring too, plus you can't wear your pjs lol

No my party days are over have been for along time and I don't miss it.

Our friends all have kids now, but I'm still the oldest and I'm still the sensible one lol
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:55 am

Clarey+3 wrote:I was 23 when I had R and I'm now 36 Shocked
And since 23 I do not want to go out partying or drinking all night.

I much rather have a bottle of wine with hubby and a night of tv.
Entertaining guests is tiring too, plus you can't wear your pjs lol

No my party days are over have been for along time and I don't miss it.

Our friends all have kids now, but I'm still the oldest and I'm still the sensible one lol

Clarey+3 you have just summed me and Alan upto a T and that's exactly how I like it!

Just glad to know I am not alone in the way I like to drink and chill`
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum