Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stroppy non teenager!

3 posters

Go down

Stroppy non teenager! Empty Stroppy non teenager!

Post  x-Kell-x Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:05 am

I am really struggling with tommy and his strop's! I barely have to say anything and he sulks like I've never known!
When we are alone he's perfect but otherwise he is worse than a teenager! He won't let Charlie play with him either, I understand that having a little brother is probably annoying but it's not that bad all the time!
I'm getting to the stage where I feel like grounding him for being so stroppy! Sometimes he doesn't know when to shut up as well, drives me mental!
Any ideas how I can try and get him out of this horrible phase?
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Stroppy non teenager! Empty Re: Stroppy non teenager!

Post  Rachel Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:13 am

I feel your pain . I have two stroppy girls on my hands and it's worse than having two toddlers
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 am

Lol your no good i was hoping for advise!! Smile

I've sat down today with him and made a reward chart, we also made magnets which spell out his name and have said that when he is good we will add a letter from his name to the chart and when he throws a strop or is horrible or back chats we will remove a letter.
When he spells out his name he will be rewarded with something.

We asked how long he thinks it will take to earn them and he said 7 days! he's quite full of himself as theres 11 magnets and i know he will strop at some point lol
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Babymilly Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:55 am

Sorry Hun

This is just part if growing up. Just try to ignore it. I know it's hard and you start asking yourself were you went wrong etc but they do come out of it.

Paul is 15.5 and he seems to be getting nicer and nicer after been a total shit for the last 6 years. He has started to chat to me and even talks to grandparents now. And best if all he plays with Ellie too Smile
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 pm

I would be rich if I had a quid for every chart we have made and failed lol There is nothing you can do accept guide him in the right direction... He will make his choices and behave however he wants to regardless .. I have found after going through this three times now that there is no simple cure and that as long as you inform them what is and isn't acceptable , then it's up to them to follow these rules. The more you push against them the more they will misbehave .. They are finally finding their personalities and no longer want us to hold their hand.
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum