Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you were young

+2
Shellm
x-Kell-x
6 posters

Go down

When you were young Empty When you were young

Post  x-Kell-x Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 am

Did you ever have any goals that you set for adulthood? Like when you'd have kids, or get married etc and how did life pan out in comparison?

I me and my best friend made a pact that if we weren't married by 30 that we would marry each other lol, well there's Noooooo way ill be married by 30 unless I win a lot of money on the lottery! He got married a few weeks back Smile

I never really thought much about having children, I knew I'd have them but assumed if be married first, nope that didn't happen either lol.

I said I wanted to be an accountant, did it and hated it so now re training!

I thought I'd own a big house by about 35, I do own part of a house but its not big!! And as I'm going to uni I can't see the big house panning out for a few years.
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

When you were young Empty Re: When you were young

Post  x-Kell-x Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 am

Oh I just thought at age 10/11 I always looked at 30 as quite old I think that's why I assumed I have the house, marriage, job etc sorted by then! Oh how wrong a child's perception is Smile
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Shellm Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:03 am

I always wanted to be married and had a baby by the age I was 25. I didn't get either. I was married at 27 and had my first baby at 29. I wrote in a book at school when I was 7 that I might be a teacher and that is what I am.
I would love to have no mortgage and be able to afford things if I wanted them. Not too extravagant just be comfortable.

Shellm
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Location Location : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumps Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:10 am

A few years ago Mum and Dad found something I had written in school at the age of 11. 'When I'm 21' it was titled. I put that I wanted to be married! I think this was because my sister (who was 12 years older than me) had recently got married. I think I also said I wanted to be a vet. Well I was 24 when I got married, and trained to be a Town Planner.

Bumps
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:12 am

I was never going to get married or have kids.

I wanted to travel. More than anything I wanted to be tall, thin, pretty and elegant and slightly exotic and mysterious. None of that happened!
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmb Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 am

I wanted to get married, buy a house and have babies which I've done! I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do career wise but I wanted a decent job which I've got I think so I think I've done ok!

I also wanted to be thin and pretty and have lovely hair which is an all round fail though!

mrsmb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:55 am

I wanted babies and a wonderful hubby and be a sahm

I got most of it :-)
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star