Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aldi

+6
claire89x
Journey2dfuture
libertytmk
mrsmb
Clarey+3
x-Kell-x
10 posters

Go down

Aldi  Empty Aldi

Post  x-Kell-x Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 am

Aldi is such an awesome random store! Tonight I went with oh's mum, what did we buy the usual! Chicken, bacon, bread, mushrooms, lettuce, electric chainsaw, pizza, milk lol

Yes that's right an electric chainsaw for £55 BARGiN! We have a massive bush at the front of our house and the branches are so big and thick we were going to have to hire a chain saw to cut them back, problem being that to hire it costs £58!
Oh's mum 'treated' us to a chainsaw pmsl!
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Aldi  Empty Re: Aldi

Post  Clarey+3 Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 am

We had a frozen apple pie from there on Saturday omg it was gorgeous :-)

Be careful ith chainsaw xx
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmb Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 am

I love Aldi! They have so much random stuff in, I love having a mooch in the middle of doing my food shopping!

mrsmb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 am

I don't think I've ever been. Dad likes going to see what bargains he can pick up
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 am

To be honest I only started shopping there within the last 6months because of money shortage, but I have to say I will continue to shop there when things get back to normal! The meat and veg is brilliant quality and a very good price, they have their own versions of things like butter, cheese, yoghurts, pasta sauces which are as good if not better than branded stuff! There isn't as much choice but I don't find that a problem at all!

There are things I don't get there like wipes, nappies, tomato sauce lol but that's more about personal preference and not because its not sold there.

I'm definatly a aldi convert lol
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Journey2dfuture Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:26 pm

We shop in Lidl most of the time - We only go to the 'normal' store to buy the name brands - Pampers, Heniz, toilet paper, colgate dishwasher stuff.. Other than that nearly everything is bought in a cheaper shop.

Journey2dfuture
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

http://www.journey2dfuture.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:38 pm

x-Kell-x wrote:To be honest I only started shopping there within the last 6months because of money shortage, but I have to say I will continue to shop there when things get back to normal! The meat and veg is brilliant quality and a very good price, they have their own versions of things like butter, cheese, yoghurts, pasta sauces which are as good if not better than branded stuff! There isn't as much choice but I don't find that a problem at all!

There are things I don't get there like wipes, nappies, tomato sauce lol but that's more about personal preference and not because its not sold there.

I'm definatly a aldi convert lol

I probably should shop there to save money - especially on fruit and veg. The problem is its out of our way whereas Sainsbury's is by where Adam works so I can do the shopping while I'm waiting for him
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  claire89x Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Aldi really is random and fab lol
claire89x
claire89x
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 pm

we do a lot of our shopping in lidl, I used to be wary of non branded items... like tomato ketchup and umm diet coke, but I buy the lidls ketchup and coke and it tastes almost exactly the same as the branded stuff. Also the lidl chocolat e(they do their own version of twix, mars bar, milky way) are I'm sure exactly the same just in a different packet!

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  meandmyboys Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:03 am

we started shopping in lidl a few years back when we were really skint, now we are better off i still shop there as i prefer it to anywhere else lol x
meandmyboys
meandmyboys
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : scotland

Back to top Go down

Post  Babymilly Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 am

I love Aldi it's a great shop. I find most of their brands really good even though I've never heard of them.

We have a shed full of Aldi tools too. My dad has a hedge trimmer he bought years ago and said its his best buy ever Smile
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:58 am

they do amaing chicken kievs. i had one today and it was lush! x
Amy
Amy
Forum Regular