Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Getting Worried about Imogen

4 posters

Go down

I'm Getting Worried about Imogen Empty I'm Getting Worried about Imogen

Post  NikkiJayne Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Imogen started reception Wed 5th September and since she started she has been on school meals, she had been doing quite well, trying new things, perhaps not eating it all but at least she was trying....

The pass two weeks she has hardly been eating food at school. At home nothing out of the ordinary, maybe slow at eating at times but still eating....

Until yesterday she gave me a huge shock!

She came home last night, and I explained that Daddy had a new car and that we were going to go out in it and take it for a spin, so she needed to have her bath now, before 4pm as I knew where ever we went we wouldn't get back till late.
She got out the bath, and just came out with Mammy I'm Fat....She told me that she's been told if she eats all of her lunch up she will get fat.

So I had a quiet word with Imogen's Reception teachers Miss Heslop and Miss Cowey and explained that after Imogen's bath last night, Imogen said she was fat!. Also explained that when me and Alan showed Imogen Alan's muscles and told her she has to eat her lunch so then she will grow up big and strong and grow big muscles like daddy! When I explained about it Miss Cowey looked pretty shocked, as what she's only 4 years 5 months she shouldn't have things like that going on in her little brain. So Miss Cowey is going to have a word with her today and also sit with her at lunch time.

This morning I thought I would do something out of the ordinary and offer imogen a banana, packet of crips and a chocolate mouse for brekkie. She refused the banana and the crisps and told me she wanted the chocolate mousse...So while I left her to eat it I went upstairs to get her uniform off the radiator and got Andrew to sit in the living room (as they tend to talk and play up if there together - and I thought while Imogen isn't eating, perhaps it might help if I seperate them). She told me she didn't want it and that she would have it after school. She hadn't even touched it, just put the spoon in it and left it.

Also when I was in the bath a few weeks ago, she saw me shaving my legs and pits (as she likes to come and sit with me) and also when its time of the month, shes asking questions regarding tampons etc....she asked if she could have her legs and arms shaved as she didnt like the hair on her

Last night while out and about in the new car we went for Pizza and took it to nanna and grandad's. She picked at it, and took ages to eat a few slices!

I'm really worried about her, I mean shes not all skin and bones or owt but I'm worried if she doesn't eat she will be
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

I'm Getting Worried about Imogen Empty Re: I'm Getting Worried about Imogen

Post  libertytmk Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:13 pm

My niece was like this around 5 or 6. We just kept positively reinforcing things. It was her legs she really thought were fat so when she did dance we'd make comments about her lovely dancers legs, etc and my sister kept offering food that she knew she liked but didn't make a big deal about it. She seems fine now
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Hmmm I don't really know what to say, I think you need to keep an eye on it definatly but you don't want to push her too much as it could be bad news.
How about teaching her about healthy diets and how much of a plate should be veg/meat etc
Try and show her that its ok to think about food etc but that what she ha been told was wrong and that you are going to show her the right way Smile
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:51 pm

My sister was the same she didn't eat for a year from the age of 4 to 5 . she would just pick at things it drove my mum insane but, it is quite normal from what I hear . Just carry on explaining to her that she needs food to grow healthy and that she is beautiful. It sounds like a confidence issue . Kids take even the smallest of comments to heart .. Is it possible that another child has said she is fat? At four they say things they have heard without knowing what it means it could be a case of this?
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Rachel wrote:Kids take even the smallest of comments to heart .. Is it possible that another child has said she is fat? At four they say things they have heard without knowing what it means it could be a case of this?

That's what we were thinking,

I had the head ring me dinner time yesterday explaining imogen was refusing to eat her hot meal and could she be given a sandwich instead and I said yes as long as she eats it

She came home and she had tried her potatoes and a bit of turkey but that was it

she then came home and ate home made burgers and chips and ate the lot

but this morning refused cereal and toast and had a few yoghurts and went to school
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down