Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!

+2
Rachel
Bumps
6 posters

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post  Bumps Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:09 am

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to say a proper hello, been on a little here and there over past week, but not had much time to post.

How's everyone doing?

All good here, just busy busy.

Immy has already finished her first term at school and is now on half term for two weeks. We have had my sister up this weekend, which has been fab. We took the girls swimming yesterday, and Immy swam on her own for the first time! So proud of her, she was diving in and doing proper breast stroke. All of a sudden everything has just clicked into place for her.

I also did the first half of a paediatric first aid course on Saturday as part of my training to help my friend childmind. It was really interesting, and great to do just as a mother. Although I'm sure common sense would be replaced by panic if anything ever did happen.

I'm still enjoying my new job, although the novelty is wearing off a little and I am getting sick of doing extra hours every week. Also my manager informed me that ALL staff will be in on Christmas Eve, and that we will be staying until all the sale items have been marked down and shop ready for Boxing Day. I have said its fair enough that we are in Christmas Eve, but I wouldnt want to miss putting my girls to bed. Kind of feel that it could be a bit of a deal breaker if this is not agreed to. It will be a really special year with them being 5 and 3, and I would hate to miss out. Is anybody else having to work?

Xxx

Bumps
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post  Rachel Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:11 am

Hey Fran glad all is well ... We miss you when you're not about
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumps Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 am

Thanks Rach. Official congrats btw! How are you feeling? Think you are due around same time as my bf x

Bumps
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:15 am

I have a tiny bit of morning sickness but not constantly just in the evening after dinner
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Babymilly Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:18 am

Hey Fran

Good to hear from you.

The swimming sounds great. Ellie is really confident and can a few strokes on her own but usually has armbands

Wow immy the school girl. Where has that time gone??

There's a post in gen chat about the first aid course. I did a mini one and found it really useful.

Working late into Christmas Eve would be a big no from me. I love Christmas Eve. Thankfully I don't work Christmas or any other holidays as college closes then.

Ellie is loving nursery school we have parents evening after half term which oh is majorly excited about Smile

Lovely having you here xxxx
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 am

Hiya,

I need to look into swimming for mine, sounds like she's doing well.

When at work, I work for council so Xmas eve normally shut and I book off in between Xmas and new year, as I could be out till midnight if something kicks off
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Wriggler Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:50 am

Hey Fran, glad immy is enjoying school!

I too wouldn't be missing Christmas eve bedtime!

Ooh I'd love to do a first aid course !

Hope all are well xx
Wriggler
Wriggler
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumps Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Morning!

I fell asleep watching Revenge last last night, boo! Will have to find it online as will have no idea what's going on next week otherwise.

Glad you are feeling fairly well Rach. I don't suppose you have the time to feel rough anyway!

Pen sounds like Ellie is doing great with her swimming. Isla is growing in confidence, but to to be fair to her she doesn't swim that often. Immy started lessons around 6 months ago. We will sort out Isla with lessons next year. I had wanted to start taking her whilst Immy at school but there never seems to be any time!

It must be lovely to have holidays off. Clare your lucky with your council you have Christmas Eve off, when I worked for local government we were always open on Christmas Eve, although they were fairly flexible about booking it off.

Vic the course is well worth doing. I think St Johns ambulance do similar, although can be very expensive.

Xxx

Bumps
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Hey Hun Smile

Wow how grown up is immy with school and swimming bless her!

The course sounds good, I think they offer similar things at some sure start centres I may have to look into it!

Sorry work isn't as exciting anymore, hope you manage to get Christmas Eve sorted I'd be fuming if they don't agree!
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum