Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with investing Any financial savvy folks?

3 posters

Go down

Help with investing Any financial savvy folks? Empty Help with investing Any financial savvy folks?

Post  Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:30 pm

I've got a little pot of money that i could invest, save or lock away. What's the best way or place to do it?
I want to start saving for a house for when i eventually get a job and can get a mortgage.

Dee
x

Back to top Go down

Help with investing Any financial savvy folks? Empty Re: Help with investing Any financial savvy folks?

Post  libertytmk Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:24 pm

I'd go into a bank and ask. They'll be able to tell you. A lot will depend how much you have and whether you want to be able to access it. We have a low interest rate on our savings account as we like to be able to access the money and move it around all the time but ones where you pay a set amount in and don't touch it give you a better rate. Another option is an ISA because then your interest is tax free. I know you can only put a set amount in each year (although I don't think there's a limit on the amount you can open) but I don't know how much it is as we don't have one as we want all our money in joint accounts
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Help with investing Any financial savvy folks? Empty Re: Help with investing Any financial savvy folks?

Post  Jade Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Well the higher the risk the greater the return! I assume you don't want to put it in stocks and shares so really it's down to a bank to see what they can offer you.

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm

I've already got money in stocks and shares so looking for another pot to put it in x

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:17 am

unfortunately banks aren't really offering much in the way of interset unless it's fixed for quite a long time ummmm there's lots of things you could invest in but most have minimum investments, we run a foreign exchange company through my work and based on historic performance the return is around 30% per year but it's a 10k minimum investments and it's not guaranteed you could lose it all.

I'd probably speak to an independant financial advisor.

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Shellm Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:30 am

Your best bet is probably an isa. The initial interest rate is much better than a normal saving account. The only thing is most interest rates are for the first year then it automatically reverts to 0.02% etc. you can always move it though and get the higher interest with a different bank.

Shellm
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Location Location : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 am

Thanks ladies. I've been looking and unless your willing to put money away for 5yrs the interest is rubbish x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum