Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the book club

+5
Clarey+3
Rachel
libertytmk
Amy
Shell_x
9 posters

Go down

the book club Empty the book club

Post  Shell_x Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:51 pm

I know i've mentioned this before and sorry to go on but want some honest feedback. Is everyone deff wanting me to run proper book club here? Interest seems to have dwindled on fb and tbh I don't want to start it up on here only for it to be me and maybe a couple of others commenting. Theres 30+ in the group on fb but only got 7votes for the last book :/ I'm happy to run it but i don't want to waste my time moving all the info here, then next book searching for books etc when no one actually is that interested.
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

the book club Empty Re: the book club

Post  Amy Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Sorry hun but i wont be reading. I have no kindle and books are too expensive to buy and i cant get to the library. tbh im so tired at the monute i dont have time to read lol x
Amy
Amy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Fair enough hun, I don't expect everyone to do it lol. Just 30+ members i thought maybe more than 7 would be interested. I don't wanna bug people to participate but at the same time i don't want to be wasting my time putting up posts that no one is actually reading/replying to
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:11 am

I'm still interested. Perhaps if you don't post the stuff on fb and just post a reminder to come here when its time to discuss then people will come on here and look at it. I do think it can get lost of facebook with everything else going on
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:15 am

I'm not going to post any discussion on fb, was planning on literally just saying what the book is and the dates we'll be reading.
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:51 am

Shell when we opened the site to members one of the first things mentioned was your book club. The book club forum was then made for you to do exactly that hold the book club here ... I am happy for you to put a notice in the face book club saying it's over here and I know a few of the ladies have mentioned it recently ... I think they were just waiting for you to say its on etc ... I have no clue how it was on fb as I was not there but I certainly will be joining in ... I will put a notice on the main menu so people know about it
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 am

Once we move ill have more time to read I hope, the summer holidays was a nightmare for me.

But I won't be rejoining fb grp so will see it on here :-)
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:51 am

I wil, still be interested Shell x

Kate
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 am

Thanks ladies. I just didn't want to be putting up posts and annoying everyone if no one was that interested. I'll put the info up when kids go to bed Smile
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  EmVar Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 am

I'm definitely still up for it chick. Despite my initial hesitance I have found the kindle app very easy to use and I'm enjoying not having to cart a book about with me. Who knew I would ever say that eh!!

(Don't get me wrong, I still love paper books too!)

I think the forum will be a better, ahem, forum for discussion because it's easier to discuss more than one point per posting iykwim. I was a little disappointed the last book didn't get much discussion - OK so none of us liked it, but we could at least have given it a good slating together and delving into why we didn't like it etc. I've enjoyed the latest book and look forward to discussing it and seeing what others though if it. I've been a member of a book club before - a face-to-face one with real books, but family commitments meant I wasn't available to attend any longer. I liked the fact that others pick up on things you don't and vice versa so you get more of an insight into what you have read etc, and you can sort of get more out of the characters than just their face value.

Anyway, in short, I'm in!
EmVar
EmVar
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:20 am

That's the thing Emma, no one liked the last book and it killed the group a little. But no one really said why they didn't like it, and lots of people were discussing before the discussion post and that put a lot of people off starting to read it. Anyways i'm off to do the new post here Smile
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumps Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:44 am

I am still interested I haven't downloaded the latest book as started to read The Hunger Games (hooked) and been v busy with school and new job x

Bumps
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmb Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:47 am

I didn't read the last book because I've just gone back to work after mat leave and everything is a bit chaotic. I love reading but will have to give the next one a miss too but when I'm more organised with work and Stephen is back in nursery I really want to join in again x

mrsmb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumps Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:49 am

I have just downloaded 'the love of my life' x

Bumps
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:50 am

Thats ok. I don't want to sound like i'm forcing anyone but like i said before don't want to be putting the effort in for no reason. I started the Hunger Games, well got hooked on the first one but then couldn't get into the second. I will have to try again.

Kim, hope work is ok and will be nice to see you in book club when you have the chance Smile

All the info is now up in the book club section.
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:51 am

Em I wanted more discussion on the last one but no-one else really seemed that bothered
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumps Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:55 am

I completely agree, you don't want to waste your time. I was surprised how quickly the group dwindled too x

Bumps
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:56 am

I think that was the problem, people lost interest very quick and i don't think many people were even checking the group page anymore. And the fact that the book wasn't great really killed it. Ah well, hopefully here it will be more successful
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Well I guess if there's a few of us that want to discuss something in depth then its still worth doing
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  EmVar Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:55 am

Well I'm looking forward to discussing Love of my Life cos I really enjoyed it and it was different to the sort of thing I would normally pick up (which for me is the point of being in a book club). Just hope I have opportunity to get on the forum at the right time to join in!
EmVar
EmVar
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Em it's all here follow link study
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell_x Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:01 am

OiOi stop discussing lol
The discussion is up for a week starting 6th Oct, so i'm sure you'll have time. The info page is here...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Shell_x
Shell_x
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down