Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

money money money!!!

+2
x-Kell-x
lucylou91
6 posters

Go down

money money money!!! Empty money money money!!!

Post  lucylou91 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:37 pm

just come on for a rant really..money is really stressing me out right now! we've never had alot of money but i havent bothered as we have a nice house, ben has a nice car etc. but since i started driving we have been so skint cos of insurance and stuff..mine is £120 every month which for a micra i think is alot and not to mention the amount i spend on petrol! i LOVE driving its best thing ive ever done but it costs a friggin bomb!!

i just realised we were out of nappies for jamie (starting potty training next week). and we have about 2 bottles worth of formula left for miley..so i txt ben asking if he could put money in my bank so i could pick some up on my way to the halloween party today and he txt back saying he doesnt have money!! i didnt realise how bad things were! we've only just borrowed £1000 off my mum to pay a few things off and we havent even seen that! so i dont wanna ask to borrow anymore till we've paid her back next year. so now ben has had to go on wonga which he always said he would never do just so we can get nappies and formula!!! not to mention ive been driving round with my petrol light on since friday! god knows if il make it to the party and back later lol! will let u all all know tonight haha.

so ye think thats my rant over..dont like saying it to ben cos hes already worrying as it is and i always tell him we'l be fine aslong as we can get the basics for kids as dont want him to stress anymore cos hes trying so hard to provide for us all and dont want him to think hes failing.! needed to let it out so thought best to do it here Smile hope u dont mind x x x
lucylou91
lucylou91
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

money money money!!! Empty Re: money money money!!!

Post  x-Kell-x Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 pm

That's not a good route to start going down Hun, maybe you guys need to reconsider the driving thing? Do you have two cars?
Could you perhaps drop him to work and pick him up and put one car off road?
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 am

I agree with Kell. I'd try and cope with one car. We do it. I drop Adam and Jamie off in the mornings and then pick them both up in the evenings. Its a pain because me and Jamie could get home far earlier without Adam and him and Jamie could leave later in the mornings without me but its just what we have to do
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  EmzandFlick Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:30 am

We are struggling with money at the moment too. Dan is the only one that drives and we have one car. We too have had to use Wonga a few times in the last six months or so.
But Dan finally has a new job so we can pay our credit cards off and he is working closer to home. We had to borrow money from his dad when things were really tight.
Having to take a loan is a drastic step but if its what you need at the moment thats ok, just don't try and use it as a long term financial solution.
I have no other advice or anything really. But defo if you can use 1 car not 2 that will help loads xxx

EmzandFlick
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  lucylou91 Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:47 am

Thing is bens car is on finance and in negative equaty so would acrually cost us to sell it! And i cant get insured on it coz its a sports car so it would be a few grand for me! I could just cancel my insurance and not drive but id really struggle havin two kids at home not driving!! Ben says next year we should be fine but i dunno! We'l c i guess!we wont be using sites like wonga for big amounts its just enough to get formula and nappies and can pay it straight back on saturday. Its just shit when its always on ur mind! Xx
lucylou91
lucylou91
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  EmzandFlick Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:50 am

We used to borrow about £50 from them just for the essentials like.
It sucks that money is so shit!!!!
I am on minimum wage and am struggling to find a job that pays better. Dan earns more than I do! which considering the jobs we have I think that I should be on more money than him anyways Laughing Laughing

EmzandFlick
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 am

Ask your bank for overdraft first, and I'd def think of putting one of the cars on drive for a couple of months to save you some money.

We have 2 cars but we both need them for work, plus both of us driving nearly 20yrs it's cheaper to run. I'd def think about parking one up for a couple of months xx
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:07 am

You don't have to sell his car Hun, just have it registered as off road and don't use it you will save money on his insurance and also tax, and petrol.

Failing that look at your energy bills, tv/sky packages. And also food?
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:21 am

It's alright that's what we are here for regarding ranting x
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down