Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speech

2 posters

Go down

Speech Empty Speech

Post  libertytmk Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:02 am

Is it normal for their speech to become less clear as they speak more? Jamie talks entirely in sentences now and is always asking questions but his words aren't as clear as they used to be. Its like his trying to get it out too fast. I'm not worried about it as nursery have said his well ahead of where he should be speech wise (they were talking about his 2 year check which he has next month for some reason) but wondered if it was normal
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Speech Empty Re: Speech

Post  Mandy x Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:31 am

Not sure, but i did noticw with Sophia that she could say certain words perfectly when she had learnt them (ie please, sorry,, yellow, cant think of others at mo) but now some l's come out as w's and some l's come out as y's, and some r's come out as w too! I think its just a toddler thing! I just keep modelling the words the correct way in the hope that she will pronounce it right agian one day.

Same with sophia, all seem happy with her speech.

Not too worried as i think it is something that will pass. The frustrating one i find with Sophia is that she kind of stutters or falls over her words when she gets over tired, bless her. At least i know that is why though!

MAndy x
Mandy x
Mandy x
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down