Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got called into the Head Teacher's Office...

+3
x-Kell-x
Babymilly
NikkiJayne
7 posters

Go down

I got called into the Head Teacher's Office... Empty I got called into the Head Teacher's Office...

Post  NikkiJayne Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:42 am

For being naughty!

All parents had been given a letter last week to say that from Mon 24th September we were no longer allowed to drop the children off at the nursery, that we had to walk right around to the big yard and go in another door, to basically stop congestion with both the nursery and reception going in at the same time (nursery go in 8.45am and reception (imogen) 8.55am)

So Monday morning I dropped her off on the yard, in the new drop off point!

Monday Afternoon I went to collect her, it was chucking down, really windy too so went early and got there 2.50pm to be then told off another teacher that Imogen wasn't coming out of the white door ie the new drop off and collection point, that I had to make my way to the over door (ie where I used to drop off and pick up). Now I wouldn't of minded but I had to double back on myself, hump the pram up 6 steps back out the yard onto the main street, then walk alongside the school fence back towards where I was and into the nursery section, then once there I was waiting for the door to open, the same teacher that came and told me to come here, apologised and told me I had to go back where I was standing in the first place as that's where Imogen was coming out!

Picture the scene: chucking it down with heavy rain, windy, holding onto a pram and holding hands with a small 3 year old and getting rather annoyed by this point. I then told the teacher I wasn't taking my 11 month old and 3 year old back round again, that I would just pick her up from the nursery entrance for today and then go back to the new allocated pick up point to be told I wasn't allowed to and that I needed to go back round!

In the end the teacher went and collected Imogen and another teacher, who is Imogen's actual teacher told me I was in the wrong place to which I tried to explain and another mum had saw what they had done and was also knarked!

Next thing I know by the time I got home, I had a phone call from the head teacher mrs pavey, who told me she wanted me to have a chat with her on yard the following morning and clear the air with miss heslop ie imogen's teacher as apparently she had come into her office ie head teacher's office crying!

So anyhow I went to drop her off yesterday and the head teacher wanted me to go into the entrance where imogen now goes in, she told me she didn't have long, she was expecting me to hump my expensive pram up 9 stairs and I told her I would meet her at the school office then when i got there she asked me to leave my pram outside while we went into the school and into her office and I told her there was no way I was leaving my pram outside and she just sighed and then when we did get in her office she was like how are you feeling, do you get much support? we can see you were frazzled!

I left there feeling even more pissed off!

Sorry for the rant but needed to get it off my chest!
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

I got called into the Head Teacher's Office... Empty Re: I got called into the Head Teacher's Office...

Post  Babymilly Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:47 am

I'd have been fuming too. Talk about family friendly!!!
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

I got called into the Head Teacher's Office... Empty Re: I got called into the Head Teacher's Office...

Post  x-Kell-x Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 am

Honestly some people are just stupid! If the shoe were on the other foot I'm sure they would be pissed off! They need to make up their minds and stick to it!
As for the head teacher, I don't think I'd have held my tongue! What a cheek!!
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 am

I know I have to be careful what I say, as Imogen could get thrown out for my mouth, as it's the only school in the area! There's another about 5 miles away but I don't drive so would find it difficult!
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 am

plus with having to get down on the yard im having to drop my buggy down too which is a pain x
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:16 pm

omg that's stupid they should have thought about pram access before changing things anyway... I would make an official complaint you can't be the only one who also has a baby on the school run?

And as for everything else... the cheek!

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:20 pm

They can't throw a kid out the school because of parents, but they can ban you from premises which wouldn't be helpful.

Headteachers lol law upon themselves sometimes lol
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Well not to be funny or owt, but woke up this morning to feed jayden at 2am and couldn't get out of bed as all down my side is in pain and as I sit here typing and twist my upper half round to see whos knocking at my window it hurts!

Luckily I saw the caretaker at the school this morning and asked him what time that car which leads from the car park to the school yard opens and closes because finding it a struggle to go up and down the stairs! He told me 9am they shut and 3pm they open! So he has agreed it is a hassle doing so, and that the school were going to put in a ramp for easier access but its going to cost too much!

Everyone else at the school humps there buggys up and down all the time but they have someone with them to help them to lift there buggys and prams up etc whereas I don't!

I also broke the front brake latch which stops the front wheels from spinning while doing this and told him I'm suffering with my back (yes this has just happened, but he isn't to know right!) plus I sprained my right wrist two months ago and it's still not fully healed which isn't helping when Im lifting up my pram.

This is my pram:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  dellamaria Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh I wouldn't be having that I'm afraid. I know they have their rules and such but they also need to use a little common sense. I'd have another meeting with the headteacher and ask her what her solution to the problem would be in your shoes. My boys nursery is a pain in the bum where my pram is concerned. They have a double door but one side is always bolted from the inside so being a short arse I can't undo the top bolt. You would think being a Nursey they would have more easily accessible doors. I'm thinking about bringing one of those fold up stools with me in future because I'm sick of having to rely on other parents to help.

dellamaria
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Well the other thing is, Andrew my 3 year old starts nursery in january 2013, so I will be dropping him off the nursery bit then having to walk right around the school to take Imogen to her new collection and drop off part, yet both the nursery door and reception doors lead into the same cloak room and class room, but theres a big brick wall between the two! Which is going to be a hassle and I did tell the head teacher in her office that when andrew starts then I will be dropping Imogen off in the same door and got told I couldn't but when Andrew starts we will come to an agreement! wtf?!?!?!?!
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:01 am

I could understand them complaining about you not following the rules if there was a sensible solution. I'd ask to speak to the head again and say you understand the need to follow the rules, blah, blah, blah but that its just not practical with a pram so what solution are they going to provide (perhaps you should suggest a couple of them carry it up the steps and see how that goes down)
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 pm

libertytmk wrote:I could understand them complaining about you not following the rules if there was a sensible solution. I'd ask to speak to the head again and say you understand the need to follow the rules, blah, blah, blah but that its just not practical with a pram so what solution are they going to provide (perhaps you should suggest a couple of them carry it up the steps and see how that goes down)

I did suggest that to the head ie having someone there to help me with the pram etc and all I got was, if we do it for one, then everyone else will want help and we just don't have the man power to do it!
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:59 pm

But in saying that the care taker was really nice about it yesterday and when i went to drop her off today the gate was open so i could just walk through, no bumping pram up and down the stairs...to which I am grateful! And he said to me that it was ok aslong as I watched out for traffic lol
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down