Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

speech review

+2
Babymilly
Amy
6 posters

Go down

speech review Empty speech review

Post  Amy Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:44 am

Alfie has got a speech review with the HV next week as when he had his 2 yr check i mentioned that he wasnt talking at all. So since then he still doesnt talk great but says about 35-40 words. Do u think I shoud write down what he can say as I just know he wont talk when she is there. What else do u think they will do so i can prepare lol x
Amy
Amy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

speech review Empty Re: speech review

Post  Babymilly Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 am

Yes I would write it down and you may be surprised that he says more words than you think and you can keep adding to the list and feel proud with each new word he learns.

Charlotte was really slow and couldn't say anything at two. Even whe she started school her speech was poor but she just caught up really quickly. I refused speech therapy (my mum wouldn't let me take her lol). Anyway she turned out perfectly normal and has a good job now and doesn't shut up (ever) Smile
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:35 am

I would think they are probably use to children not 'performing' when they actually have the reviews. When we had the check they went by what we said and just generally tried to just talk to Charlie, asking simple questions that he will be able to understand. Are you happy with how his speech is now?

Good luck Hun you'll have to let us know how he gets on!
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:39 am

Yeah write a list, rich would never do what they needed lol

Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:39 pm

I think writing it down is a good idea hun, even if its just for you to see how well he is doing. From your updates he has definitely improved and he clearly understands what you are saying I'm sure he will be fine and they will probably ask you how he's improved since last time x

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Char+2boys Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 pm

I agree with the others hun, write the words he can say down. Hope it goes well

Char
Char+2boys
Char+2boys
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks ladies well its been put back for a few weeks now as shes give me an appt on one of my worlking days so ive ahd to change it.

Its hard to say Kell....when theres just me and him and maybe Gav im pretty happy. I know hes not great - nowhere near how good some of my friends kids are at his age. But in the last month alone he has improved loads. His language is still very basic and everything is "a ball" or "a car" but he is saying small sentences...his favourite being "wheres it gone?" " oh no not now!" or " mam its stuck". He still baby babbles alot especially when hes rushing to tell me summat. Its quite funny as he talks and does hand gestures as if its the most obvious thing he saying but comes out with "fhiowenfjdnsfcmskladmo" lol. He understands quite well. If i say to give something to daddy, he will or if i ask if eh wants his milk he will go to the fridge and get the milk out.

But then when im with my friends it makes me realise how far behind he actually is. I can have convos with my friends kids as if theyre adults...im nowhere near that with alfie. I know I shouldnt compare and i do try not to.

x
Amy
Amy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down