Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebay

+2
EmzandFlick
Babymilly
6 posters

Go down

Ebay Empty Ebay

Post  Babymilly Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 am

Any experienced ebayers out there. I'm fine buying but need a few tips on selling?
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location Location : Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Ebay Empty Re: Ebay

Post  EmzandFlick Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:53 am

I would love some tips too, my stuff never seems to sell Sad

EmzandFlick
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm

What info are you after?
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandbaby Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:44 pm

I' ve only ever sold a few things on eBay, but I've always got way more than I wanted/expected. This is what I did:

Make sure your auction ends at a convenient time, i.e. 8pm on a weekday evening. Most people will be in and at home, and if you have it ending during the middle of the day, people will be busy or at work and forget to bid.

Make the description REALLY detailed and include as many photos as you can afford (some items you get charged per photo, others you can have a dozen or so for free). I never bid on anything where there is just one line that gives a vague description and a dodgy, blurry photo.

If there is any damage, be honest. People don't mind bidding on damaged items as long as they know about it.

If you are ok with the buyer collecting the item, put a brief desciption of where you live (i.e. 10 mins from Junction 18 of the M6, etc, etc).

And finally, this surprises everyone I tell - Always start the bidding at 99p. I've sold a stainless steel American Fridge Freezer on there and only started bidding at 99p! It encourages people to bid, and the more people you encourage to be interested, the higher you'll sell it for. Sounds risky, but it's always worked for me. (I got £500 for the fridge, and would have been happy selling it for £200!)

Hope this helps. x

Mandbaby
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Babymilly Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 am

Mandbaby wrote:I' ve only ever sold a few things on eBay, but I've always got way more than I wanted/expected. This is what I did:

Make sure your auction ends at a convenient time, i.e. 8pm on a weekday evening. Most people will be in and at home, and if you have it ending during the middle of the day, people will be busy or at work and forget to bid.

Make the description REALLY detailed and include as many photos as you can afford (some items you get charged per photo, others you can have a dozen or so for free). I never bid on anything where there is just one line that gives a vague description and a dodgy, blurry photo.

If there is any damage, be honest. People don't mind bidding on damaged items as long as they know about it.

If you are ok with the buyer collecting the item, put a brief desciption of where you live (i.e. 10 mins from Junction 18 of the M6, etc, etc).

And finally, this surprises everyone I tell - Always start the bidding at 99p. I've sold a stainless steel American Fridge Freezer on there and only started bidding at 99p! It encourages people to bid, and the more people you encourage to be interested, the higher you'll sell it for. Sounds risky, but it's always worked for me. (I got £500 for the fridge, and would have been happy selling it for £200!)

Hope this helps. x

Thank you so much. I now know where I'm going wrong Smile
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:19 am

Never sold anything on eBay, might have a go
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Babymilly Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:43 am

I sold some wet suits and skiing stuff years ago and made quite a lot of money.

I've put a few lovely things of Ellie's on there that ended yesterday with lots if watchers but no bids. I'd had them ending at 11.30am which now I readies was a bit dumb and I also put only one photo of each item on.

Thankfully due to this post I'm a bit wiser Smile cheers
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Babymilly Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Hey

I took on board the ideas posted my mandbaby and sold one of Ellie's coats for £8 last night. I put the same coast on last week and got no bids.

So thank you mandbaby Smile xx cheers
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Jade Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:46 pm

yaaaaaay well done Smile

Jade
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  x-Kell-x Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 pm

I've got 3 black bags full of boys clothes that I was going to give to charity, I may try and sell them just to see Smile

Well done pen!!
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandbaby Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Babymilly wrote:Hey

I took on board the ideas posted my mandbaby and sold one of Ellie's coats for £8 last night. I put the same coast on last week and got no bids.

Yay! Well done! Do I get commission? Wink

Mandbaby
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Babymilly Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Mandbaby wrote:
Babymilly wrote:Hey

Yay! Well done! Do I get commission? Wink

Lol! When I'm a rich ebayer ill remember you Smile xx
Babymilly
Babymilly
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content