Woman's World
WELCOME BACK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Woman's World
WELCOME BACK
Woman's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A two year old just made me cry!!!

+2
x-Kell-x
lucylou91
6 posters

Go down

A two year old just made me cry!!! Empty A two year old just made me cry!!!

Post  lucylou91 Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 pm

My two uear old to be exact! I honestly dont know how mich longer i can cope.. Hes currently in his room screaming his head off (and has been for the last 20mins!) whilst im sat here typing this after i finally stopped shaking and crying! Im sure he hates me! I just dont know what to do anymore! Hes so good for everyone else so if i tell any1 how i feel theyl think im lien cos they dont see it! I just dont know what to do Sad(((( xxx
lucylou91
lucylou91
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

A two year old just made me cry!!! Empty Re: A two year old just made me cry!!!

Post  x-Kell-x Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:54 pm

What did he do Hun?
x-Kell-x
x-Kell-x
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  lucylou91 Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:13 pm

It sounds so pathrtic now! He's been cheeky all mornin not listenin to me etc. but anyway we went to have dinner.. He chose spaghetti from a tin so when i asked him to come to thr table he was shouting "noooo" i asked him 3 times then he screamed at me no! So i picked him up and put him at the table! He was sat there whining but everytime i tried to take it away he'd scream and cry yet wouldnt it when i asked him! So after like 15mins i just took it off him and he smacked me and started screamin hsterically! So i grabbed him by his arms and took him to his room and slammed the door. Writing it i feel silly cos doesnt seem a big deal but because he has been hard work all morning i think i just flipped! I sound a dick now haha xx
lucylou91
lucylou91
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Totally normal ... Caleb is awful at sitting down for meals we use to pander to it trying all we could to get him to sit at the table but, after months of screaming and tantrums (and that's just me lol) we decided to leave his food on the table until we had all finished and if he didn't eat we would just throw it out without a fuss , he didn't starve and has now got better cos he knows we are not playing his games. As for the drama Ava is awful she never does as she is told and sometimes cries nearly all day for no reason . I sometimes cry with her cos I can not fix it no matter how hard I try.
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiJayne Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:05 am

Been there and done that, and now it's worse now that Imogen has started school! Last day of term, so here's hoping she picks up her food over the holidays

Something someone suggested to me ages ago and seems to work!

1. Ask the child what they would like for brekkie/lunch/dinner

2. Cook it and dish it up, Sit them down at the table and tell they have 20mins to eat their food, after 20 mins take it away ( but don't make a big deal out of it) Also pre-warn the child if they don't eat it within 20mins then they will lose it

I found after a few days of this, Imogen didn't like it and started to eat! A child will never go hungry
NikkiJayne
NikkiJayne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Location Location : County Durham, UK

Back to top Go down

Post  libertytmk Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:32 am

Sounds totally normal and we all flip at times. Don't feel guilty about it. His always going to push you the most because you're the one that's always there for him
libertytmk
libertytmk
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 am

NikkiJayne wrote:Been there and done that, and now it's worse now that Imogen has started school! Last day of term, so here's hoping she picks up her food over the holidays

Something someone suggested to me ages ago and seems to work!

1. Ask the child what they would like for brekkie/lunch/dinner

2. Cook it and dish it up, Sit them down at the table and tell they have 20mins to eat their food, after 20 mins take it away ( but don't make a big deal out of it) Also pre-warn the child if they don't eat it within 20mins then they will lose it

I found after a few days of this, Imogen didn't like it and started to eat! A child will never go hungry
I think he might be a bit young to understand time limits
Rachel
Rachel
BOSS LADY
BOSS LADY

Location Location : Scotland

https://womans-world.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarey+3 Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Aww Hun, space is good for both of you when it's like that. With food, different things work for different parents.

We've found if there is a sauce on his plate he will eat, this includes tomato, brown, seafood, gravy or occasionally juice is nice with chips No

Just stick to your guns, this stage is normal, you will have good and bad days, just be consistent well as much as you can, xx
Clarey+3
Clarey+3
Forum Super Star
Forum Super Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down